foolproof beef wellington recipe
Basic ingredients for foolproof beef wellington recipe
- 650g beef tenderloin (room temp)
- 460g mushrooms,
- 2 shallots,
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 3tbsp oil
- Thyme and Dijon Mustard
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp of water
- 1 block puff pastry
How to make foolproof beef wellington recipe
- Let tenderloin reach room temperature.
- Place the tenderloin in a large pan with oil and heat on medium-high heat. Season it with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Now The beef should be seared on all sides, but not cooked through.
- Spread Dijon mustard on the beef while it is still hot. Let it cool off.
- Chop the shallots, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Heat a nonstick cold pan on medium heat. Cook the chopped vegetables. Season with salt. Let it cool down and cook until it forms a paste. This is your Duxel paste. Place a sheet of cellophane on your table and then spread the Duxel.
- Place your tenderloin on the Duxel, then roll the cellophane around the edges. Now This should be kept in the refrigerator for between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celcius
- Dust flour on your table. Next, place the pastry block on your table and roll it into a large square measuring approximately 1/3 cm. Place the beef on the bottom of the pastry, leaving a border of 3 cm.
- Mix your egg with water to create an egg wash. After this, Use a brush to apply the egg wash to the pastry’s border.
- Roll the pastry up from the bottom so that there is some overlap at one end. Fold the sides in half and trim excess.
- Egg wash your pastry. For a more interactive look, score the pastry with a fork. Sprinkle some sea salt over top.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Till golden brown.
- Now remove it from the oven, let it cool for 10-20 minutes before you cut, and enjoy! Enjoy this foolproof beef wellington recipe.