flourless chocolate remoulade
Basic ingredients for flourless chocolate roulade
- 6 large eggs
- 150g caster Sugar
- 60g cocoa powder
- 350ml double cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp of icing sugar
How to make flourless chocolate roulade
- Lightly grease a 22x32cm Swiss roll tin and line it with non-stick baking parchment
- Heat oven to 180°C Separates the egg yolks and whites. Now Whisk egg yolks in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until they reach stiff peaks. Leave to one side. In the egg yolks, whisk in the caster sugar. Mix in the cocoa powder. Give the mixture one more whisk until it becomes stiff.
- To loosen the mixture, use a spatula or a wooden spoon to add a few drops of egg whites. Mix in more egg white. Keep the air in the mixture. Add the egg whites in 2-3 stages. Combine well by lifting and mixing to create as much air as you can.
- Bake the mixture in a baking dish for 20 minutes. Let the sponge cool in the oven for 10-20 minutes. To remove the excess greaseproof paper from the sponge’s bottom, cut the sponge at the edges to loosen them.
- Let cool completely (should take another 10-15 mins). Mix double cream and 1 1/4 teaspoons of icing sugar until you get stiff peaks. Spread whipped cream over the sponge once it is cool.
- Begin to roll out the chocolate roulade using greaseproof paper. Wipe off any excess cream. Wrap a piece of foil around the greaseproof-paper-covered roulade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or keep it in the refrigerator for the next day. To make the roulade look beautiful, open it up, take out the foil and greaseproof paper, and trim both sides.
- Use a small strainer to 20. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of icing sugar over the roulade. Enjoy the deliciousness of this roulade and then enjoy it with a glass of red wine.