Basic ingredients for fish pie with white wine sauce
- 4 (1 lb) boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 4 tbsp (60 g) butter, separated
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 shallot, mined
- 1 cup white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (120 ml) dry white wine, separated
- 2 tbsp (15 g) flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) whole milk
- 3 dashed Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make fish pie with white wine sauce
First of all, Season the chicken with salt and pepper, on both sides. Heat 1 tbsp (15 g) butter and 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil in a large skillet. Once sizzling, place chicken in skillet and sauté on both sides until almost cooked through but not completely. Now Set the chicken aside on a plate to rest.
- Meanwhile, sauté shallots and mushrooms in the pan drippings until soft and tender. Add a little more olive oil if needed. Then deglaze the pan with ¼ cup of the wine, scraping up the brown bits with a wooden spoon. Reduce the mixture by 1/3 and then transfer it to a bowl and set aside.In a cleaned-out skillet, melt 3 tbsp (45 g) of butter. After foamy add the flour and cook for 1 minute until a paste forms. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and remaining ¼ cup of wine and simmer, whisking all the while, until thickened. Now whisk in the garlic, milk, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley.
- After this, add the cooked shallots to the mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper if needed.After this, Add the chicken to the sauce, spoon it over the chicken, cover it, and simmer for ten minutes, to finish cooking the chicken all the way through.
- Transfer chicken to a small platter or shallow casserole dish and spoon sauce over it.