fish pie with crumble topping
Basic ingredients for fish pie with crumble topping
- MASHED POTATO: 1kg Maris Piper potato, peeled, halved
- 400ml Milk, plus a splash
- 25g Butter, plus a knob of Salt & pepper
- FILLINGS: 25g of plain flour
- 1xpack fish pie mix (cod or salmon, weight around 350g-400g depending upon pack size)
- 100g raw King Prawns
- 1 TSP Dijon or English mustard handful froze sweetness handful frozen peas handful grated cheese
- 1 TSP Fish sauce ( optional) Salt and
How to make fish pie with crumble topping
- Turn the oven on to a 180C fan.
- MASHED POTATO: Place 1 kg potatoes, cut in half, in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Now Bring to a boil, then let simmer until tender. Once the mixture is cooked, drain it and then mash it with some milk and butter. Season with ground black pepper.
- FOR FILLING: Heat 25g butter and 25g plain bread flour in a saucepan. Stir frequently. Cook for about 1-2 minutes. Using a balloon whisk, whisk in 400ml milk. Bring to a boil.
- Stir to prevent lumps from sticking to the bottom of your pan. Let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes until it thickens. – Remove from heat and add 320g to 400g mixed fish, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or English mustard, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, and a handful of sweetcorn.
- DIRECTIONS FOR ASSEMBLE – Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the edges are golden. You can also freeze the mini pies or pies for later use.