fish cakes with sauce inside
Basic ingredients for fish cakes with sauce inside
- Fish: Basa, or any other boneless chunks of fish – 300 gms
- To be boiled with: – Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Pepper 1/4 tsp
- Green cardamom 2
- Cloves 2
- Cinnamon, 1″ pieces 2
- Coriander/Cilantro/Parsley leaves-5-6 whole
- whole Boiled potatoes 2 medium ones (75 gm each) Onion, fine chopped- 1 medium – Ginger, fine chopped- 1″ piece
- Green chilies, chopped 2 small
- whole chilies Coriander/Cilantro or Parsley leaves, finely chopped 5 tbsp
- Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp (Link to our Garam Masala Recipe: Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Oil 3 tbsp
How to make fish cakes with sauce inside
- First of all, Boil the potatoes in your pressure cooker until they are tender.
- After the pressure has released, drain the water and let the potatoes cool. Alternately, you can boil the potatoes in a large saucepan until tender but not too firm. Let cool. Drain.
- Place the fish in a saucepan and add enough water to cover it. Combine all ingredients. Mix all ingredients and boil the fish until tender. According to what type of fish you have, it will take between seven and eight minutes on medium-low heat. Once the fish is cool, remove the skin and mash the potato and fish pieces separately. – Chop the green chilies, ginger, and cilantro finely.
- Mix the mashed and boiled potatoes with the fish. Mix in the chopped onions, green chilies, and ginger.
- Stir in the spices and salt. Combine well. Take small amounts and make kebabs/patties. Based on the size of your kebabs/parties, you should be able to make between 8 and 10 kebabs/parties. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Now arrange the kebabs. If necessary, fry in two batches. – Cook one side on low heat until golden. Flip the chicken over and fry for another 6-7 minutes. Continue turning it until both sides are golden/light brown.