fish cakes melt in middle
Basic ingredients for fish cakes melt in middle
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
- two Tins Lucky Star Light Meat tuna Chunks In Water
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 5 cubes of mozzarella cheese Salt, and season
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive
- Serving suggestion: Coleslaw 1 Tin Lucky Star Chakalaka Mild, Spicy, heated Lemon wedges
How to make fish cakes melt in middle
- In a large pot, add the diced potatoes. Boil for approximately 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Use a fork to mash the potatoes. Drain the water. Let the mashed potatoes cool down to make firm fishcakes.
- Mix the Lucky Star Tuna Chunks with 1 egg, chopped parsley, and 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs. Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Divide the mixture into five balls. Make each tuna ball into an oval shape by pressing a cheese cube in the middle. Cover each one with the fishcake mixture.
- Dip the fishcakes into the remaining cup of breadcrumbs, followed by 2 eggs. Finally, coat the fishcakes with the breadcrumbs.
- The fishcakes should be refrigerated for at least 30 minutes until they are firm. This will help ensure that they remain flat when cooked.
- tip: Fishcakes that have not been cooked can be frozen for up to three months.
- Place the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the fishcakes in batches for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden.
- Enjoy the fishcakes warm with tasty coleslaw, Lucky Star Chakalaka, and lemon wedges.