Thai Crispy Chicken Wonton Parcel (Asian Finger Buffet recipe) Welcome to Xiao’s Kitchen. My name is Xiao Wei. Since my mother taught me how to cook when I was young, I have had a passion for cooking. My family is still living in Inner Mongolia, the northern part of China. I visit every year to learn new Chinese/Asian recipes. You can see my YouTube video for peanut dipping sauce.
Basic Ingredients for finger buffet
- 150g Mince Chicken
- One Onion
- One Clove Garlic
- One Tbsp (50g) Ginger
- 20g Fresh Coriander
- 12 Spring Onion Leaves (or 6 Leek Leaves)
- One Tbsp Peanut Oil
- One Tbsp Grated Palm Sugar
- One Tbsp Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 24 Cocktail Sticks
How to make finger buffet
- Chop ginger, garlic, and onion finely.
- Chop peanuts and coriander.
- Slice spring onion (or leek leaves) lengthwise into strips. To make spring onion strips pliable, submerge them in hot water for two seconds. Now In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Fry onion, garlic, ginger for 3 minutes until softened
- Stir-fry the chicken until it changes color.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar. In a wok, stir peanuts and coriander. Place 1 wrapper of wonton on the cutting board. Cover the rest.
- Now Place 1 tablespoon of mince mixture in the middle of each wrapper.
- Form a pouch from the four corners. Then tie the spring onion strips around each parcel’s neck.
- To keep parcels sealed, secure them with a cocktail stick. In a wok, heat 1 liter oil. Deep fry the parcels until crispy and golden. Drain the oil from the parcels. Place the deep-fried pieces on a plate and serve with peanut sauce.