fennel and salmon risotto
I understand that you may not have the time to cook dinner every night. My oven does the rest when I am short on time and still need to feed my family. Today’s recipe is a broiled salmon dish with sliced oranges and fennel on a single sheet pan. This amazing meal can be prepared in 20 minutes. That will allow you to quickly get back to your busy schedule. Enjoy! Sarah’s Tip of the Day – Roast your navel oranges along with your salmon. You can either eat them whole or add their juice to your salmon.
Basic ingredients for fennel and salmon risotto
- 1 navel orange
- 1 large bulb of fennel, cored, thinly chopped,
- 1/4 cup fronds left
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil oil
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 – 6 ounces each), Salt and Pepper 1/3 cup pitted, black olives, quartered
How to make fennel and salmon risotto
- Broiler on high heat, rack 8 inches away from heat. Cut 1 tablespoon of orange zest into small pieces. Toss orange zest, wedges, bell pepper, oil, and fennel on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Arrange in an even layer. Season salmon and vegetables with salt and pepper. After this, Broil for 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is opaque and vegetables are golden brown in spots. Serve with olives and fennel leaves.
COOK’S NOTE Looking for a fresh salmon recipe? This easy one-pan delight has Mediterranean flavors that shine. The oranges can be eaten whole, or you can squeeze the juice onto the fish.