mary berry everyday rice and chicken
Basic ingredients for mary berry everyday rice and chicken
- Marinade 150g of chicken with 1 tsp corn starch,
- 1 tsp soy sauce,
- 1 tsp vegetable oil and 1 pinch baking soda (NOT BAKE POWDER)
- FOR STIR FRYING: 2 eggs
- 3 TBSP oil
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/4 cup spring onion
- FOR THE SEASONING: 1 tbsp light soy sauce,
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to your taste.
How to make mary berry everyday rice and chicken
- First of all, cut the chicken into small pieces. Mix the chicken with 1 teaspoon of corn starch and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Sprinkle in a pinch of baking soda. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Crack 2 eggs. Mix it thoroughly. – Heat the wok. About 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil is all you need. Give it a good stir to coat the bottom.
- Wait for the smoke to emerge. Add the egg. It will take between 30-and 50 seconds for the egg to become fluffy. It can be broken into pieces and left aside. Heat more oil in the same wok. Add the chicken to the wok. It should be steamed for about one to two minutes. Push it to one side, so there is room for the veggies.
- Add all the vegetables, including 1/4 cup onion, 1/3 cup green beans, 1/2 cup carrot, and 1 tbsp minced garlic. Stir fry for 2 to 3 mins. Salt to taste. Combine it all. Take it out.
- Next, add the rice. Before frying, loosen the rice. Turn the gas on high and heat the wok for 15 seconds. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. After that, add the rice. Break down large pieces with a spatula. Stir fry the mixture for about 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add the seasoning. 1 tbsp light soy sauce and 2 tsp dark soy sauce. Mix it all. You need to do it quickly. The liquid will quickly evaporate when the wok heats up. You will not be able to mix it well.
- Add all ingredients until you can’t see white rice. Add in the vegetables, meat, and egg. Allow them to infuse for about 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the spring onion.