mary berry earl grey tea bread
This Earl Grey Tea Loaf makes a great afternoon tea treat. This cake is full of tea-infused fruits and sweetened with honey. It’s easy to make but delicious! Let’s get baking!
Basic ingredients for mary berry earl grey tea bread
- 3g Loose Leaf Earl Grey Tea
- 100g raisins
- 70g dried cranberries
- 175g sultanas
- 1 orange, vested
- 275g self-raising flour
- 170g light brown muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300ml Earl Grey tea
How to make mary berry earl grey tea bread
- Place the orange zest and dried fruits in a bowl. Add the hot water and stir. Cover, stir and let it sit for at least two to three hours.
- Preheat the oven to 150C/130C Fan/Gas
- 1/2 Line a loaf tin weighing 900g with grease.
- Now Mix the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Place the mixture into the tin. Bake the cake for about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Check it afterward to make sure it is still warm. The cake should be clean when a skewer is inserted into its center If it isn’t quite cooked, you can put it back in for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for bout 10 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack.
- Cut into thin slices and spread butter on top.