dundee cake recipe
Basic ingredients for dundee cake recipe
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- zest of 1 orange
- 5 tablespoons orange-marmalade
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (gluten-free used here)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup almond flour(gluten-free utilized here)
- 1 1/4 cup golden raisins (sultanas),
- 1 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 20-25 whole Marcona (or blanched almonds)
How to make dundee cake recipe
- Line an 8×3-inch round cake pan with grease. Preheat the oven to 300°F (275°F if convection).
- Now Blend the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. To prevent curdling, add the eggs one at a while. Mix in the orange zest, marmalade, and beat it until well combined. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the almond flour. Mix the dry ingredients with the flour mixture. Stir gently until combined. Stir in the raisins and sultanas, and then combine.
- Place the batter in a prepared pan. Smoothen the top with a spoon. Place the almonds in circles on top of your cake. Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for between 100 and 120 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Aluminum foil can be used to protect the cake from browning too quickly.