Basic ingredients for curried cockles
- 2 L of Cockles
- 2 L of Clams
- 2 Shallots
- 2 Limes
- 25 cl White Wine
- 150 g Cream
- 20 g Butter
- 1 Hint of Curry
- 2 pinches Salt Pepper
- a Little chopped Parsley
How to make curried cockles
- Mix several saline solutions with the cockles and stir them. Remove any that are broken or open. To get rid of any sand, soak them in saltwater for at least an hour.
- Under cold water, stir the clams. Drain them. Put them in a frying pan. Allow them to cook on high heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Once they have opened, take them out.
- Continue to replace them with the shells. The juice should be filtered and left to cool.
- Brown the chopped shallots and butter in a skillet until they are golden brown. Add the wine, the filtered shellfish juice, and the cream. Sprinkle with thyme. Boil the water. Allow the water to thicken for three to four minutes. Add the cockles and clams. After this, Add the juice of one lime to the cockles and clams. Season them with curry and pepper.
- Place the pan on high heat and stir frequently. Decorate with thin slices of lime and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.