crunchy lemon syrup loaf
This easy cake is baked in a loaf pan and coated with lemon syrup. To make the lemon syrup absorb into the cake, it is best to add the syrup while the cake is still warm. All it takes to complete the job is a simple dusting of icing sugar. This recipe requires self-rising flour.
Basic ingredients for crunchy lemon syrup loaf
- For the Cake/Loaf, 1 stick of butter
- 1 2/3 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup milk/zest
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- for Lemon Syrup: 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar and more for dusting Juice from 1 lemon
How to make crunchy lemon syrup loaf
- For Cake/Loaf Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F. Line a loaf pan with butter and flour. Set aside.
- Now Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a while.
- Make half the flour.
- Add the milk.
- Mix in the remaining flour.
- Mix in the lemon zest.
- After this, bake the batter in a loaf pan for 45 minutes or until a toothpick (or cake tester) comes out clean.
- Place the loaf in an oven-proof dish and let cool on a wire rack. When the loaf is still warm, use a skewer to poke holes in it and drizzle lemon syrup on top.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan.
- After cooling then take out of the pan and sprinkle icing sugar on top.
- for Lemon Syrup: First Place sugar and lemon juice into a small saucepan.
- Heat on low heat.
- Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Now Allow resting until you are ready for self-rising Lemon Cake.
- Note: All-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt can be used to make your self-rising flour. Add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder to 1 cup flour. Mix. Enjoy this crunchy lemon syrup loaf.