Basic ingredients for croissant recipe
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water, temperature
- 1/2 cup dairy milk, room temp
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 pkg instant dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperatures Burrage
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 egg whisked in 2 Tbsp water, for brushing
How to make croissant recipe
- Use the hook attachment to a stand mixer and mix the flour, water, and milk. Once the mixture is blended, add the salt. You can increase the speed to higher and continue kneading for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the butter halfway through. Now The dough should not touch the sides of your bowl. The dough should be shaped into a rectangle. It will be soft. The dough should rest for about 90 minutes.
- let it chill for up to eight hours.
- Beverage: To make the beverage, cut the butter into an 8-inch square. If you prepare ahead, chill the butter until it is ready to use. Once it has cooled, pull it from the refrigerator to soften.
- Remember Make sure the butter has the same resistance as the chilled dough. While the temperatures of the two may vary, the “give” should remain the same.
- Turn out the chilled determine on a floured surface and roll it out into a 14-inch square. Place the beverage in a square. Rotate the dough so that the points on the butter square are at the center of each flat side. Wrap the butter in a small envelope-like wrap and pinch the edges.
- The dough should be about 20 inches long. Roll it out and then fold it into thirds. This is known as a single fold. Place the dough on a baking tray. Cover it with plastic or a towel. Now Let the dough rest for up to an hour.
- Continue rolling the dough and folding it into single folds two more times. Rotate the dough 90 degrees each rotation before rolling. Chill the dough for at most an hour and up to 8 hours before you roll. Before using the dough, let it rest for at most 4 hours and up 12 hours after the last fold.
- Measure out 20 oz dough for 12 plain croissants. Keep the rest in the refrigerator. After this, Roll out the dough on a floured surface to form a rectangle measuring 16 by 12 inches. The dough should be cut horizontally in half.
- Place a 1-inch mark on each triangle’s short side. Roll the croissant up from this side. The croissant should be curved so that the point is at the bottom of the triangle and the curve in the opposite direction. You can pinch the ends of the croissant together to keep the shape.
- These should be placed on a parchment-lined baking sheet, with at least 3 inches between them. Now Cover the tray with a tea towel and then cover it with plastic. Allow the croissants to rise for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. After brushing the croissants with egg wash, bake them for approximately fifteen minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Croissants taste best when they are freshly baked. You can prepare the dough ahead of time by folding it, letting it rise, then cutting and shaping the croissants. Place the croissants on a baking sheet and then place them in a container. Before baking, let the croissants cool completely on a baking tray.