creamy asparagus soup recipe
Basic ingredients for creamy asparagus soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed, and cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth (or filter water)
- Salt and to taste
How to make creamy asparagus soup recipe
- First of all, In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the onion.
- Season with salt. Allow the onion to cook until translucent and tender (but not browned). This takes approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, garlic, and asparagus. Season with a little salt and stir.
- After this, Turn the heat up to high and bring everything to a boil. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- Now Let the soup cool down for a while before you blend it.
- Start by putting the soup in small batches into the blender. Fill the blender about 1/4-1/3 of the way. Cover the blender with a lid and let it sit for a while to allow steam to escape.
- Blend until the soup becomes thick and creamy. Continue until all the soup is used up. Serve right away! You can also transfer the soup back to the pot and heat it again.