couscous with pomegranate
COUSCOUS & POMEGRANATE SALAD Happy weekend! My couscous and pomegranate salad recipe has a light texture, fresh taste, and lots of flavors. This video was made for Emilie, my friend who asked me to create new salad recipes. The main ingredient is the beautiful yellow North African couscous, small balls of semolina, and cracked wheat. To bring out the color and maximize the nutrients, I always add ground turmeric. Mix the couscous with fresh herbs, pomegranate, and roasted vegetables. You can add vegan cheese or grilled halloumi to give it a unique flavor. This is a great way to add variety to your diet. The flavors are delicious and unique.
Basic ingredients for couscous with pomegranate
- 1 cup of couscous,
- 1 cup of roasted vegetables
- 150g of halloumi, chopped Fresh coriander, chopped, Fresh parsley, chopped Seeds of 1/2 a Pomegranate,
- 1/2 tsp ground curry
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
How to make couscous with pomegranate
- First of all, In a big bowl, mix the 1 cup couscous with the ground turmeric ground pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the couscous with the boiling water. Cover the couscous with cling wrap for five minutes. Break up the couscous with a fork. Grill the halloumi or vegan cheese until it is slightly browned. Cut into cubes.
- Chop the roasted vegetables. In a bowl, place the couscous. Add the roasted vegetables, cheese, mint, parsley, and pomegranate. Combine all ingredients well.