coconut sponge cake recipe
This Coconut Cake Recipe is made entirely from scratch. It’s full of strong coconut flavor, and it’s topped with coconut cream cheese frosting. This cake will amaze everyone!
Basic Ingredients for coconut sponge cake recipe
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Coconut extract 2 teaspoons
- 6 large eggs whites, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- Coconut extract: 1 teaspoon
- 3 cups powdered Sugar
- 3 cups coconut flake
How do you make coconut sponge cake recipe
- Grease three 9-inch pans Place parchment paper on the bottom. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- After this, Using a hand mixer, cream butter, sugar, and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the coconut extract and egg whites for 2 minutes. Mix in coconut milk until well combined.
- Now add in the cake flour, baking powder, salt, and mix until well combined
- Divide the batter between the three pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. After this, Allow to cool in the pans for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Now Using a hand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese together for about one minute to make the frosting.
- Mix in the coconut extract until well combined. This should take about 10 seconds.
- Slowly stir in the powdered sugar one-half cup at a time, until it is smooth. A mix between additions.
- Frost the cake and then coat it with frosting.