- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tbsp cacao (4 tbsp for too dark)
- 3 cup rolled oats (3 cup instant oats),
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Any nuts or sesame seeds
How to make coconut haystacks
- Once the first four ingredients are boiled, turn off the heat. Mix in coconut and oats. Add any nuts, sesame seeds, and vanilla extract.
- Use any tool to scoop them up and place them on parchment paper. Once they are cool enough to touch, flatten them and sprinkle with more sesame seeds. Serve and share.