coconut and lime chicken
Basic ingredients for coconut and lime chicken
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts breasts
- 1.7 lbs Butterflied or pounded to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup large yellow or red onions, superfine dice 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- Salt Zest and squeeze
- 1 large organic lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon. Ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 8 leaves of organic basil chopped Small of bunch fresh Italian parsley chopped 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large spiralized zucchini
- 2 tsp Olive oil
How to make coconut and lime chicken
- Heat a pan of stainless steel on medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp. coconut oil to the saucepan. After this, Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both ends. Place the chicken in the hot oil.
- For 2 to 3 minutes, don’t touch or turn the chicken. After the first side is seared, flip the pieces and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 160 to 165°F.
- To keep the chicken breasts warm, place the pieces on a plate and cover them with foil or a lid. Now Brown bits will appear on the bottom of your frying pan. These are flavor bits that you want in your sauce.
- Add the onion to the saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon. Salt the onion. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Mix the chicken broth with the onion and scrape the brown bits.
- Add them to the sauce. Stir in the coconut milk and garlic powder. Add turmeric, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ginger. Add the basil and parsley. Mix the arrowroot with 2 Tbsp.
- Now Make a slurry by mixing the arrowroot and 2 Tbsp. chicken broth together in a small bowl. The sauce should be heated to medium-high heat. When the sauce has come to a simmer add the arrowroot mixture slowly and stir the sauce.
- Adjust the seasonings, such as the salt and the pepper, by tasting the sauce. When the sauce has thickened slightly, add the chicken breast to the sauce. While we prepare the zucchini.
- Now Place a large skillet on medium heat. in 2 teaspoons. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to the saucepan. After the oil is hot, add the noodles and salt to the pan. Continue cooking for 3 – 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, and then serve the chicken with the noodles. Add more sauce to all the dishes. It’s the sauce that makes it.