Basic ingredients for citrus chicken
- 4 lb bone-in chicken legs
- 3/4 cup orange juice,
- approximately 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons grated zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon chiffonade mint leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chiffonade basil Leaves
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons celery seeds Glaze
- Glaze: 1 tablespoon olive oils
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade (look out for marmalade that has small rinds), 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce,
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup reserved marinade.
How to make citrus chicken
- First of all, Mix all dry and wet ingredients in a large plastic bag. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the chicken for another 15-25 minutes, basting every 7 minutes. Place the chicken on a platter.
- Glaze: first of all, Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Once the oil has melted, add the shallots/ginger and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook the chicken for 15 minutes. After 45 minutes, brush the glaze on the chicken.