mary berry christmas sausage rolls
Basic ingredients for mary berry christmas sausage rolls
- 1 tbs olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, peeled, finely diced
- 2 Carrots, finely Chop
- 1 Large Red Royale Potato, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 cup dried Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1kg Coles Sausage Mix
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- Two Coles Australian Free Range eggs, lightly whisked
- Tomato Sauce, additional to serve
How to make mary berry christmas sausage rolls
- Preheat oven to 180°C Bake on 2 large baking trays lined with baking paper. In a large saucepan, heat the oil on medium heat. The onion, carrots, potatoes, and garlic should be cooked for about 4-5 minutes or until the onion mixture starts to soften.
- Salt and chili flakes if desired. Cook for one minute. Transfer to a large, heatproof bowl. Allow cooling for 15 minutes.
- Mix the onion mixture with the Worcestershire sauce and add the parsley, cranberries (ham), tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined. Stir in the sausage mince.
- Now Place the pastry sheets on a flat surface. Divide the sausage mixture evenly between the pastry sheets, and form into a log. Use a little egg to brush the edges of the pastry. Roll the pastry up to cover the filling. Each roll can be cut in half or broken into smaller pieces. Place seam-side up on the lined trays. Add a little bit more egg to the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden, and the filling is cooked through. Allow cooling.
- Sausage rolls can be served with extra tomato sauce.