mary berry christmas party chicken pie
Basic ingredients for mary berry christmas party chicken pie
6 tablespoons butter salted butter, plus additional butter for buttering the dish
3/4 cup finely diced onion
3/4 cup finely chopped carrot
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
3/4 cup finely minced celery
3/4cup finely chopped parsnips
1/2 cup white wine
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
4 1/2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth plus more if necessary
3/4 cup frozen green beans
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground curry
1 recipe Shredded Boiled Chicken (6 cups): 2 1-quart cartons of chicken stock 3 chicken breasts
How to make mary berry christmas party chicken pie
- A peppery green salad with baby spinach and arugula is a great choice for serving. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13 inch baking dish.
- After this, Make the filling by melting the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Next, add the onion and carrot along with the celery, celery, and parsnips.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture until the onions turn translucent.
- Cook for another minute. Add the flour to the pan and mix it well. After this, Cook the mixture for about a minute, but don’t let it brown. Stir in the broth, scraping up any lumps. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the green beans, thyme, and turmeric. Stir in the Shredded Boiled Chicken. Cook until heated through.
- Mix in the half-and-half. After this, Taste and adjust the seasoning. Remember If the broth is too thick, add more broth.
- The hot filling should be poured into the prepared baking dish. Brush the edges with the egg wash. Place the pastry on top. Bake for 45 minutes. Now The pie can be assembled ahead of time. You can also make it ahead of time by letting the filling cool and then covering it with plastic wrap.
- Brush the edges of your pie with the egg wash. Add the filling to your dish. Then, place the pastry on top. Bake the pastry at 375°F for 1 hour or until it is golden brown. The chicken pie can be served with baby spinach and a peppery salad made of arugula.
- Shredded Boil Chicken: Heat the broth in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Bring the broth to a boil. Add the pieces of chicken and return them to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer the chicken for 45 minutes. Now Set the chicken aside to cool for a few minutes. Take off the skin and bones, and shred the chicken.