mary berry christmas cake with pineapple
My family has a tradition of making Christmas fruitcakes every year. Barbara, my sister makes it every holiday. This fruitcake is better than pre-packaged ones, and you’ll love the Christmas-y flavors.
Basic ingredients for mary berry christmas cake with pineapple
- Christmas Fruitcake 1 lb
- Pitted dates, chopped 1 Lb
- pecans, chopped 1/4 Lb
- Red, candied cherries, chopped 1/4 Lb
- Green, candied cherries, chopped 1/2 Lb
- Candied, sliced pineapple, chopped 1/2 lb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, well beat
How to make mary berry christmas cake with pineapple
- Combine dates, pecans, cherries, and pineapple in a large mixing bowl; Combine dry ingredients; add to fruit mixture, stirring well. Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a 10-inch tube pan, floured and buttered, spoon the batter. After this, Bake this cake at 250°F for approximately one hour, 45 minutes to two hours, and then Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan.
- Place the cake on the plate. Now Cut into 1/2-inch slices and serve. It is extremely rich.
- Note: The cake may be baked in two standard loaf pans, one floured and buttered, at 250°F for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a wooden pick is inserted. Although you may not be a fan of fruitcakes, this recipe will prove you wrong.