It’s a chocolate tart with coffee ganache and prunes. you have to try it! It’s chocoholic heaven! It’s so delicious.
ingredients for chocolate coffee tart
- 6 oz (170g), unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup (60-80g), powdered sugar
- 1 yolk
- 1 1/2 cups (220g), all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30g), ground almonds (whole),
- 13 prunes, 6 for decoration
- 1 tablespoon (15g), cocoa powder
- 1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate 55-70%
- 1/2 cup (100g), whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon (15ml), coffee
- 1 teaspoon (5g), pure vanilla extract
instructions for chocolate coffee tart
- Make the Crust: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Put the prunes in boiling water. Leave to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix 3 oz butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Now Mix in flour until the dough forms. Then, transfer the dough to a floured surface. Wrap the dough and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on the bottom of an 8-9 inch (20-23 cm) tart pan greased with butter. The excess dough can be cut.
- Before baking, let cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 mins. Allow cooling in the oven before you fill it.
- Fill 6 prunes with almonds
- In a microwave, melt 1/3 cup of butter and 1/3 cup of chocolate. To set, dip prunes with almonds in the chocolate mixture. Spread the remaining chocolate thinly on the aluminum foil, and place it in the fridge until it sets. Place the remaining chopped almonds, prunes, and other ingredients on the bottom crust.
- Chocolate Coffee Ganache:Bring the coffee and whipping cream to boil. Mix 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 2 oz butter. Stir until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the chopped almonds, and prunes.
- Decorate with stuffed plums and small pieces of chocolate.
- Now The tart should be refrigerated for at least two hours. Use a sharp knife to cut the slices. Enjoy!