mary berry chocolate and brandy torte
Basic ingredients for mary berry chocolate and brandy torte
- 200g (14oz). Best quality chocolate (70% cocoa powders)
- 150g (10oz) Unsalted butter plus a little more for greasing
- 6 eggs, separated
- 100g (8oz) Caster sugar
How to make mary berry chocolate and brandy torte
- Preheat oven to 180C/350C/Ga 4. Butter a 30×7.5cm (12” x 3”) cake tin. Now Combine the butter and chocolate in a bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients. Now The bowl should be placed on top of a saucepan of warm water. Combine the ingredients and stir until they are smooth and creamy. Set aside the mixture. Mix the whites until they are well combined.
- Add the yolks, sugar, and another bowl. Whisk until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Mix in the chocolate mixture. Use a stainless-steel spoon to fold in the egg whites. Finally, empty the contents of the tin. The torte may take approximately 1 1/2 hours to bake. Now you insert a skewer into the middle, it will be ready.