chilli con carne uk recipe
It was only given to one person up until now. It’s too delicious not to share. Over the years, we tried many different chile recipes before finally settling on this one. For large events, we usually make 13 quarts of the recipe or 36 12oz portions. It always sells quickly because people love it so much they will return for more. It is never necessary to take it home as it is always consumed at the end.
Basic ingredients for chilli con carne uk
- 6tbs Crisco solid butter
- 12 stalks Celery chopped three times or
- 1 1/2 large sweet onions chopped 3 PDS
- Ground-up Eye of Round (fat removed),
- 1/4 TSP Black Pepper,
- 3 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2tbs Salt
- 1/2TBS Cumin (very important),
- 1 1/2TBS Chili powder
- 2 28oz size Diced tomato
- 1 14.5oz Stew tomatoes
- 1 6oz
- 1/3 cup Mustard (yellow),
- 1/3 cup Ketchup,
- 1/2 cup water,
- 1/3 cup sugar,
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water (more water if you prefer thicker chili)
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese 3/4TB Parsley
- 2 40.5 oz cans kidney beans (Rinsed in strainer).
How to make chilli con carne uk
- Heat Crisco or butter in a large saucepan. Saute’ celery until tender. Then add onions. Stir until meat is fully covered. If you prefer thick chili, you can add 1 1/2 cups of hot water right away or less. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Add the sharp cheddar cheese. Mix until well combined. Let simmer for an hour, covered with a lid. Mix in the parsley, and bring to boil. Serve Chili overnight to thicken. It freezes well. Enjoy!