chicken thighs stuffed with sausage meat
Basic ingredients for chicken thighs stuffed with sausage meat
- 1 (10 ounces) bag frozen chopped spinach
- Thaw and drain 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 cup Fontina or Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 pounds (4-6) Chicken breast halves are pounded dry with a paper towel 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado, canola, or olive oil
How to make chicken thighs stuffed with sausage meat
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Now Prepare a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. The thawed spinach should be placed in a colander. After this, Use a potato masher to drain any excess moisture.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and shallot to a bowl. Keep aside until ready for use. After this, Use a sharp knife to cut a horizontal pocket from the thicker portion of the chicken breast. Keep the edge about 1/2 inch away.
- Transfer the chicken to a sheet pan. Combine salt, pepper, and paprika with garlic powder. To coat the chicken, drizzle oil on it. After this, sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the chicken and rub the surface to ensure that it sticks.
- Finally, place about 2-3 tablespoons of the filling in each breast pocket. Bake the chicken for between 20 and 25 minutes or until it is fully cooked and the juices run clear when pierced using a knife.