chicken stir fry with rice
Basic ingredients for chicken stir fry with rice
- Boneless chicken – 1 lb, or 450 grams (cut into bite-sized pieces). Seasoning: Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- White pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Dark Soy Sauce: 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetables: Broccoli florets 2 US cups measure (100gms),
- Carrots, sliced 1 US Cup measure (90gms),
- Red Bell Pepper 1 cup measure (90gms),
- & Yellow Bell Pepper 1 US Cup measure (90gms)
- Stir-Fry Sauces: Chicken Stock – 1/4 cup (or you can use readymade low sodium chicken stock)
- Dark Soy Sauce 2.5 tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce 3 tsp
- Honey 1 Tbsp
- Corn slurry 2 tsp corn starch/cornflour (mixed with 1 tbsp of water) Sesame Oil 2 Tbsp
- Other Ingredients: Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Pepper Powder 1/4 tsp
How to make chicken stir fry with rice
- Slice the boneless chicken into bite-sized pieces. Cut the broccoli florets into pieces, and cut the carrots into small cubes. You can also peel and chop ginger and garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, and then add the pieces of chicken. Stir for 30 seconds, then season the chicken with salt and white pepper powder. Stir fry the mixture on high heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add 1/2 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce. Stir fry the mixture for 2-3 minutes until the water is completely dry and the chicken is golden brown.
- Now Take out the chicken and place it on a plate. Add the minced garlic and ginger to the oil. Stir for about 15 seconds, then add the chopped carrots and diced red and yellow peppers.
- Stir fry the mixture on high heat for one minute, then add the broccoli florets. Salt to taste (a pinch), and 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder. Now Stir fry for 2 minutes on high heat. Mix the chicken pieces with the oil and heat them on high for one minute.
- Add the chicken broth, dark soy sauce, red chili sauce, and honey. Now Stir fry for 2 minutes on high heat until the sauce is almost dry. Mix the corn slurry with the sesame oil and stir fry for about 1 minute until the sauce is dry and coats the vegetables and chicken.