chicken stir fry with honey
This sticky honey chicken recipe will take your next stir-fry to the next level (recipe below). Each week you will receive at least one new video, with recipes and helpful cooking tips.
Basic ingredients for chicken stir fry with honey
- 1/3 cup (80ml), honey
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 500g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into thin slices
- 1 carrot, seeded and chopped
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup (75g) cashews
- To serve, chop Spring onion curls.
How to make chicken stir fry with honey
- First In a large bowl, mix this 1/3 cup honey, 3 garlic cloves, and soy. Place the chicken in a large bowl.
- Toss the chicken in a large bowl. Allow the flavors to develop for five minutes.
- Heat half of the oil in a large nonstick stir fry pan, or wok on high heat. Stirring occasionally, cook the chicken in three batches for approximately 4 minutes or until it is browned and cooked through. To keep warm, transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cover with foil.
- Wipe down the wok or pan. After this, Heat the remaining oil in the wok or pan over high heat. Stir-fry the onion for 2 minutes or until it is lightly browned. Stir-fry the capsicum, carrot, and bok choy stems for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the honey mixture to the chicken and return it to the pan. In a bowl, combine the cornflour and 1 tbs water. Stir the cornflour mixture into the chicken mixture. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Mix in the cashew and buk Choy leaves. Stir until the bukchoy leaves are just tender. Serve with spring onion curls.