Basic ingredients for chicken schnitzel
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- 2-21/2 cups Breadcrumbs, Panko, or regular
- r 3-4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- salt to taste Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Paprika oil for frying Lemon wedges
How to make chicken schnitzel
- Each chicken breast should be cut into two pieces. Each piece of the chicken breast should be placed between two sheets of plastic wrap. You can use a mallet, or a rolling pin, to pound the breasts to 1/4 inch (1 1/2 cm) thick.
- Season the breasts of chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Three large and three small plates/bowls should be set up. Place flour in the first bowl. Now In the second bowl, beat the eggs with mustard. In the third bowl, mix breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper, and finally, add the paprika.
- Begin by first coating the chicken with the flour mixture. After shaking off excess, dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then coat it with breadcrumbs.
- Now Heat oil in a large pan or skillet. When the oil is hot enough, place the schnitzel in the skillet. Fry until golden brown for 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the mixture to a plate covered with paper towels.
- Enjoy a fresh salad with your meal.