mary berry chicken risotto recipe
Basic ingredients for mary berry chicken risotto recipe
- olive oil 1 boneless chicken leg
- 2 small shallots
- 2 small carrots
- 1/2 cup of risotto white wine (about 1/2 cup) chicken stock (2-3 Cups)
- 1 bay leaf dried Sage dried Thyme Salt Pepper
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen Peas Butter Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
How to make mary berry chicken risotto recipe
- Place a large pan on medium heat. The bottom should be coated with olive oil. Once the bottom is covered, cook the chicken thighs until they are brown on both sides.
- Cut the shallots, carrots, and other ingredients into small pieces while the chicken is cooking. After the chicken has browned, take it out and add the shallots and carrots. If you are concerned about the vegetables scorching, cook them until they are at least partially cooked.
- Stir in the rice and allow to sit for about a minute, until the rice has become brown. Add enough white wine to glaze the rice. Once the wine has reduced in volume, add enough stock to cover the rice. Add the bay leaf, salt, and pepper. The chicken thigh can be cut into small pieces, and then added to the pan.
- Allow the stock to simmer until it is almost absorbed. Now you can peel and chop garlic. Add small amounts of stock to the rice and continue stirring until it is almost done, but still has a bit of crunchiness. After this, Turn off the heat, add butter and cheese, taste and then mix in the peas and garlic. Check for seasoning before you eat.