mary berry chicken pie with puff pastry
This recipe is quick and easy for intermediate home chefs.
Basic ingredients for mary berry chicken pie with puff pastry
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup-disco carrots
- 1/2 cups- diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp flour Splash
- half- and half- as much salt and freshly ground thyme drizzle
- olive olive oil
how tto make mary berry chicken pie with puff pastry
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Now Sauté the celery, carrots, and onions until they soften.
- Now Continue to cook the chicken until it is done. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir in flour until combined. To thicken the sauce, add chicken stock.
- Stir in frozen peas, parsley, and cook for another 15 minutes. To thicken the mixture, add half and half to the saucepan. Let it simmer for 15 minutes. Take off the heat and prepare your serving dishes. This dish was served in 12 oz ramekins. You can use any other single-serve vessel. Place the chicken mixture in ramekins. Make puff pastry on floured surfaces. Allow the puff pastry to thaw for approximately 10 minutes. If necessary, roll the dough to remove any creases. To form the pastry to your desired size, use a large cookie cutter or a glass. You can cover your ramekins in pastry, and then pinch the edges towards the sides. Butter the pastry. Bake the pastry at 400° for 12-15 minutes to allow it to brown and puff up.