chicken pie with chunky potato topping
Basic ingredients for chicken pie with chunky potato topping
- Small cubes of chicken 1kg
- Potatoes 2-3 tbsp
- Butter 2
- medium Garlic cloves 3-4
- Green Chillies 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 White pepper
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp tomato tin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Fresh coriander Cornflour 2-3 Tbsp (mix in water)
- Egg for brushing
How to make chicken pie with chunky potato topping
- Add butter to a large skillet. After the onions are softened, add the chopped garlic and onion.
- Cook the chicken with all the spices, except garam masala. Once it is cooked, add the potatoes and peas. Cook the potatoes until done. Cover the pan and let it cool.
- Then add the tomato tin and cornflour mixture. Once the consistency is thickened, turn off the heat and then add garam masala. Allow the mixture to cool. Meanwhile, heat the oven at 180°C. Make a pastry sheet. Place the chicken mixture on top. Bake the pie for 45 minutes, or until it turns golden brown.