mary berry chicken liver pate with brandy
Basic ingredients for mary berry chicken liver pate with brandy
- 1kg chicken liver
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 rashers bacon cut into small pieces
- I medium onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 small garlic finely chopped
- 4 – 5 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
How to make mary berry chicken liver pate with brandy
- Drain the chicken liver and chop it into small pieces. Place butter and oil in a pan and heat for 30 seconds. Cook the onion, garlic, and bacon until translucent. It should take approximately 2 minutes. Mix in liver, shallots, and herbs.
- Add chicken stock powder. Now Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Mix it again. Add brandy and 1/4 teaspoon salt
- After this, Cover with a lid and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Mix again, and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Now let it cool down for ten minutes, then turn off the heat. It should be smooth and creamy. It can be enjoyed on toast or crackers.