chicken in white wine sauce
My pan-fried chicken is in a creamy white wine garlic sauce with mushrooms. It is ready in just 25 minutes and makes an impressive dinner for two or as a delicious alternative to a Sunday roast. This is a luxurious dinner that can be served with sauteed greens and potatoes.
Basic ingredients for chicken in white wine sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 chestnut mushroom
- sliced 1 small onion
- chopped finely 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup (180ml), chicken stock
- 3/4 cup (170ml), double/heavy cream
How to make chicken in white wine sauce
- To serve: Saute potatoes, steamed green beans, fresh thyme Method. Season the breasts of the chicken with salt and pepper. On a large skillet or frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken breasts in the oil until they are golden on both sides (about 6-8 min). The chicken breasts don’t have to be done at this stage. They’ll continue cooking in the sauce. Cook the onions and mushrooms in the pan for 3 minutes until they are softened.
- Cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the garlic, thyme, and pepper. After this, Turn up the heat and add the wine. Bring to a boil. Once the liquid is boiling, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the stock and cream together for about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Place the chicken breasts onto 4 plates. Serve the sauce with any side you prefer (I like green beans and sauteed potatoes). Add the fresh thyme to the dish and serve.