chicken in cider
Basic ingredients for chicken in cider
- 2 tablespoons olive oils
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2.2 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 Vidalia onion,
- chopped 3 cloves garlic,
- minced 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
How to make chicken in cider
- First of all, In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and oil over medium-high heat. Season the breasts of chicken with salt and pepper. Add to a pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Set aside the chicken.
- Mix in remaining butter, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and thyme. Sauté until the apple starts to turn a golden color and the onions are softened for approximately 6 minutes.
- Mix flour with the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Place chicken in a pan. Add cider to the saucepan. Reduce heat to a simmer, then cover. Now Cook the chicken until it is done, approximately 12 minutes.