mary berry chicken chorizo recipe
Paella-style chicken and chorizo rice – This is a wonderful twist on the traditional paella. It’s incredibly flavorful and makes for a delicious lunch or dinner dish.
Basic ingredients for mary berry chicken chorizo recipe
- 9 0z (2250g), boneless, skinless chicken legs 3.5 oz (100%) chorizo sausage, thinly chopped
- 2 cups (500ml), chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (30ml), white wine
- 1 pinch of saffron threads
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (1g), smoked paprika
- 7 Z (200g), paella rice or Arborio rice 1/2 cup (660g), frozen peas olive oils salt and to taste Lemon slices (optional).
How to make mary berry chicken chorizo recipe
- Slice the chorizo into thin strips and then cut the chicken into 1-inch (3 cm) pieces.
- Add the chicken stock, wine, and saffron to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Set aside.
- Heat a 9 inch (23cm) paella pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo for 2 minutes, until it begins to release its oils. Transfer the chorizo to a plate.
- Place the pieces of chicken in a pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the chicken is slightly golden. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- After this, Cook the onion and garlic in the pan for 5 minutes, or until the onion is softened.
- Cook the red pepper, tomato, and paprika for another 2-3 minutes, or until the tomato water has evaporated.
- Now Stir the chicken and chorizo back into the pan.
- Mix the chicken stock with the rice. Stir and then add the rice to the bowl.
- At this point, stop stirring. Bring to boil.
- After this, Turned the heat down to medium and then cover with a lid for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
- You can add more stock if necessary.
- Cover the peas and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Allow paella to cool on the stove for five minutes, then cover it and allow it to rest covered until ready for serving.