This is the perfect twist on chicken! For a new and delicious chicken recipe, fry the chicken fillets in a carbonara-inspired sauce.
Basic ingredients for chicken carbonara
- 2 chicken breasts,
- 2 tbsp flour,
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Sauce: 1 tbsp
- olive oil; 200g (7 oz.) bacon; 1 small white onion, minced and 4
- garlic cloves; 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch (dissolved into some cold water).
How to make chicken carbonara
- Both chicken breasts should be cut in half along the length. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Use the cheese-flour mixture to coat the chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken in olive oil for 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Now add more oil to the pan and add bacon. Once the fat has melted, add the minced onion.
- Mix in the garlic and cover it with cream. Salt and pepper to your liking. Add the cornstarch mixture. Mix the cornstarch mixture with the chicken and stir.