Basic ingredients for chicken basque
- 6 chicken thighs,
- 2 red peppers,
- Diced 2-3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil 5 oz (155.0 g),
- chorizo sausage, cut into 1/2″ (1 cm) pieces Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 cup (250mL), basmati rice
- 10fl.oz (2275 mL), chicken stock
- 6fl.oz (170mL), dry white wine
- 1/2 large orange, cut to wedges
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2oz (50.0 oz) hot pepper salt and freshly ground peppers
How to make chicken basque
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper. In a dutch oven, or brasier, heat 2 Tbsp olive oils and brown the pieces of chicken on both sides. Transfer them to a plate.
- Allow the onions and peppers to soften, stirring occasionally. Cook until the chorizo is colored. Mix in the rice. Then, coat the grains with oil and add the tomato paste.
- Add the stock and wine. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add the orange wedges, pepper, and chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with the olives. After this, Cover this pan with a tight-fitting cover and let it cook on low heat for fifty minutes to an hour or until the rice is done. You can also cook the rice in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for approximately an hour.