chicken and mushroom pie suet pastry
Basic ingredients for chicken and mushroom pie suet pastry
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One chopped brown onion (chicken breast – minced),
- 100g button mushrooms, minced finely
- Three cups cream
- Three tablespoons chopped chives
- 3/4 cup fresh cream
- One egg, beaten lightly
- Two sheets puff pastry sesame seed
How to make chicken and mushroom pie suet pastry
- Blend garlic, onions, and mushrooms in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Add chicken and chives to the same bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Stir in the onion, garlic, and mushroom mixture. Continue stirring until the onion becomes soft.
- Stir in the chicken and chives mixture. Continue to stir until the chicken is tender. Use a spoon to break up any lumps. Now Stir in the flour and continue to stir for about a minute.
- Add a small amount of cream to the flour. Stir it well before adding more. Continue this process until all of the creams are added. Mix until the mixture boils. Turn off the heat and take the pan from the stove.
- Let cool. Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Olive oil should be sprayed on the 12 holes deep flat-based patty pans. One sheet of shortcrust pastry should be placed aboard.
- To cut eight rounds of pastry, use a 7 cm round cutter. Repeat the process with two more sheets. Place the pastry rounds in the holes of the pan. You can brush the edges of the pastry rounds with a pastry brush or a small egg.
- Fill the pastry cases with the chicken mixture using a small spoon. Place one sheet of puff pastry onto aboard. Cut twelve rounds of puff pastry using a 6 cm round cutter.
- Repeat with the other sheet. These rounds should be placed over the pie to make lids. Press the edges together with your fingers to seal them. Egg wash the lids.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake the pies for approximately 20 minutes. Now take them out of the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before removing them from the tray. Serve with tomato sauce or ketchup.