chicken and mushroom lasagna
A perfect weeknight meal, this lasagna is made with chicken, shiitake mushrooms, cheesy bechamel sauce, smokey BBQ sauce, and loads of cheese.
Basic ingredients for chicken and mushroom lasagna
For chicken and mushroom filling:-
- One and a half cups of mushrooms or 150 grams
- Onion of small size
- 2 cups or 300 grams of shredded cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cheesy bechamel sauce
- Butter is 25 grams
- Flour 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of milk
- 100g or 3/4 of mozzarella cheese
- Sheets of lasagna 120g or 9 sheets
- One cup or 100 grams of grated cheddar
- One cup or 100 grams of grated mozzarella
- A few dollops of smokey BBQ sauce
How to make chicken and mushroom lasagna
- Sauté finely chopped onions in oil for about one minute.
- When the mushrooms are soft, add them to the pan and sauté for about 6 minutes.
- After adding the cooked chicken, salt and pepper, the chicken or vegetable stock, and cream, simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove it from the heat when it thickens.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk while stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Season with salt and pepper at this stage. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir in the cheese and mix until smooth.
- Assembling:Place lasagna sheets in a baking dish. Add a layer of chicken and mushroom filling, then arrange lasagna sheets on top of that. Now add a layer of the cheesy bechamel sauce and top with lasagna sheets.
- Lastly, sprinkle on some oregano or Italian herbs and drizzle some BBQ sauce on top. Add generous amounts of grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- You can bake it in a preheated oven at 375F/190C for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.