mary berry chicken and mushroom lasagna
Basic ingredients for mary berry chicken and mushroom lasagna
- Chicken breasts 1.2kg
- One tablespoon olive oil + additional salt & pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- Two cloves of garlic chopped into small pieces
- 500g large mushrooms, sliced with a large handful of parsley, and chopped finely
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 300g lasagna sheets (fresh but can be dried-instant sheets).
- CHEESE SAUCE:120g butter,
- 3/4 cup plain flour,
- 4-5 cups milk (gradually increased),
- 1 large spoonful of seeded mustard,
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
How to make mary berry chicken and mushroom lasagna
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Place chicken pieces on a baking tray, then cover with olive oil and salt. Bake for 50 minutes or until done. Cut into bite sizes In a deep casserole dish, extra olive oil.
- Stir in garlic and onion. Allow simmering for at least 30 seconds. Add mushrooms. Combine. Mix in white wine. Continue to cook for another few minutes. Now Turn off the heat and add parsley, salt, and pepper. Combine the ricotta cheese with the parsley and mix well. Set aside.
- After this, On low heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Slowly add flour to the pan and continue whisking until the flour is dissolved. Slowly add milk.
- Stir constantly, preferably using a whisk. You should add the milk in small batches. Mix the milk in batches. Add the mustard to the mixture and stir.
- Remember The sauce should be smooth and not lumpy, but not too thick or too thin. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add a thin layer of the mushroom mixture to a casserole dish that holds approximately 6 liters. Add chicken pieces. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Layer lasagna sheets on top.
- Break some sheets to cover any spaces that aren’t filled. Now Spread a layer of cheese sauce on top. Add a layer of the mushroom mixture. Layer lasagna sheets with the chicken pieces and top it off with another layer.
- Spread the remaining cheese sauce on top and sprinkle the Parmesan on top. After this, Bake for abt one hour, or until golden. Now let it stand for at least fifteen minutes before serving.