chicken and bacon lattice pie
The chicken lattice can be a creative and innovative way to serve chicken. It’s a tender chicken breast wrapped with bacon and zucchini and then encased within a crispy puff pastry. Today, we’ll make the chicken lattice. This is a tender chicken cutlet wrapped in bacon, zucchini and then encased inside a crispy puff pastry. The chicken lattice, a delicious main dish and a new way to serve chicken, is a creative and innovative way to do so.
Basic ingredients for chicken and bacon lattice pie
- 1 lb (500g) chicken breast
- 8 pieces of zucchini, approximately 7 oz (220 g),
- 2 bay leaves (250 g)
- 1 clove garlic
- extra virgin oil, to your taste
- salt and pepper
- pepper to your taste For the pastry lattice, 1 rectangle of readymade puff pastry
- 1 egg
- sesame seed, to your taste
How to make chicken and bacon lattice pie
- Grill the zucchini on a hot grill. Next, wash and trim the ends. Finally, use a vegetable slicer to cut thin slices about 1/10 inch (2-3mm) thick. Place the zucchini on both sides and let cool.
- Grill the zucchini on both sides. Next, prepare the chicken. Take a chicken breast and remove any bones. Split the breast in half. Run your fingers along the cut to find bones or gristle.
- Spread half the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Drizzle with oil… then rub both sides. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Now rub again wrap the chicken in the grilled zucchini. If you have large zucchini, pick long ones so that you can wrap the entire chicken. You can alternate the bacon and zucchini, leaving some of the red sides visible to make it more vibrant.
- Continue this process until you have covered the entire chicken. Flip the chicken over, and then cover the other side. Wrap the chicken in cling wrap, twisting the ends tight to seal, and then form a cylinder-shaped shape.
- You can also overlap two slices of bacon and zucchini to cover the chicken. After this, Wrap the chicken in a piece of cling wrap. Place the chicken in the refrigerator to rest for at least an hour.
- Then, wrap the remaining chicken breasts in cling film. This is the chicken just out of the refrigerator. You can also prepare the chicken breast ahead and place it in the fridge overnight wrapped in clingfilm.
- Now The olive oil, garlic cloves, and bay leaves should be sauteed in a large pan. After this, add the chicken to the pan and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken breasts have been browned, transfer them to a wire rack that has been placed over a plate.
- Let cool, then drain any excess fat. Once the chicken breasts are cooled, you can start the puff pastry lattice. Take a rectangle of puff pastry and place it on a lightly floured board.
- Now, divide the top third into two equal pieces. This will make the base for our chicken lattice. To create the lattice, run a lattice roll over the puff pastry. Then dip the roller into flour and make the lattice design.
- Divide the pastry into two equal portions and stretch the dough with your hands. You can also cut 1/4-inch (1 1/2 cm) strips using a pastry cutter and weave them together as for a lattice pie. Now you can place your chicken breasts on the puff pastry rectangles.
- In a bowl, beat an egg and brush the edges of your base. Now Cover each chicken breast with the lattice top. The excess can be tucked underneath, or stuck to the base. Sprinkle the beaten egg over the top. You can also sprinkle white sesame or poppy seeds on top. To seal the chicken lattice, place it in a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Next, repeat the process with the remaining chicken breast. Bake the chicken breasts for 40 minutes in a preheated static oven at 390°F (200°C). After this, the chicken has been removed from the oven allow it to cool down a bit before cutting. It can be served warm or at room temperature. You can also add a dipping sauce, such as mayonnaise or eggless mayonnaise.