cherry scones recipe
Basic ingredients for cherry scones recipe
- 250g (2/3 cup) self-rising flour + a little dusting
- 50g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 50g (1/4 cup) chilled and drained unsalted butter
- 100ml (5/6 cup) buttermilk
- 1 medium free-range egg 400g (2/2/3 cups) glace cherries
How to make cherry scones recipe
- First Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Now Mix the sugar, flour, and salt in a bowl. Give it a quick stir.
- Mix the unsalted butter in a chilled, diced container and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the mixture until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Now Beat the buttermilk and egg in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, then add the egg mixture. Use a spatula to combine the ingredients. Remember Do not overwork the dough as it will result in tough scones.
- Toss the cherries in flour. Let them dry out. Then, gently mix these ingredients into your dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface, and roll it out to 3mm thickness. Finally, dust some flour over it.
- Use a fluted cutter to cut your scones and place them on a baking sheet. Be sure to leave plenty of space between each one. After this, make more scones you can use the trimmings to create more, but keep it as light and crumbly as possible.
- Now Bake for twelve minutes, or until the top is light brown.
- Serve with good quality cherry jam, and Cornish clotted milk.