cheese scones with egg
This recipe makes delicious Bacon, Rosemary, and Cheddar Cheese Scones. It is simple to follow and produces great results.
Basic ingredients for cheese scones with egg
- 8oz (225g), self-raising flour
- 2oz butter (50.5g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 pint milk (150ml)
- 2 rashers precooked bacon chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 level teaspoon roughly chopped Rosemary
- 2oz (30g) grated cheddar cheese (a little more if they are extra cheesy).
How tto to make cheese scones with egg
- First of all, Add the flour to a bowl and season with salt. Use your fingertips to mix the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the grated cheese, reserving 20g. Add the bacon pieces to the mixture and stir. Next, add the milk. Use a knife to slowly add the milk using a cutting motion.
- Lightly roll out the dough and press it lightly on a floured surface. Cut into 8 pieces using a pastry cutter. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Now Bake in the oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.