mary berry cheese and parma ham twists recipe
This cheese straw recipe is easy to make. All you need are a puff pastry, some parmesan cheese, garlic, and olive oil. These cheese straws are perfect for a quick snack, or as an appetizer.
Basic ingredients for mary berry cheese and parma ham twists recipe
- 1 large puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Oregano,
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil/melted butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed Flour to the work surface
How to make mary berry cheese and parma ham twists recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place parchment paper on 2 baking sheets.
- Mix olive oil, crushed garlic, and oregano in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spread the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Lightly dust the pastry sheet with flour. Puff pastry should be 1/8 inch (1/4 cm thick).
- Half of the puff pastry should be brushed with olive oil/butter mixture. Sprinkle some parmesan over the top. Fold the unbrushed portion over the brushed and press the pastry gently. Now The dough should be rolled out to 1/4 inch (1/2 cm).
- Use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut the puff pastry in half. Then, slice the puff pastry crosswise into 1-inch (22.5 cm) strips.
- Place the pastry sticks on a baking sheet by gently twisting them. Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks and let cool.