mary berry cheese and olive scones
Basic ingredients for mary berry cheese and olive scones
- 1 stick of cold unsalted butter
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup sharp cheese
- 1 cup Olive Oil
How to make mary berry cheese and olive scones
- Grated Parmesan Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and herbs in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into small pieces and then mix with flour mixture with your fingers or a fork.
- Mix in the yolk and cream. Mix in the cheese and olives until well combined.
- Place the dough on a cutting board. Now Knead the dough a few more times until it comes together.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes before heating your oven to 425F.
- After this, Take it out of the fridge and cut it into squares/wedges or other rustic shapes.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and cream on top. Bake for between 15-18 minutes depending on how large your scones are.