cheese and herb scones
Basic ingredients for cheese and herb scones
- 2 cups of All-Purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 3/4 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Scallions
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Thyme
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Cup of Ricotta
- 2/3 Cups of Milk
- 1 egg whisked together
- 1 Teaspoon of Water
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper Paprika
How to make cheese and herb scones
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Now mix the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt & Sugar. Use a fork to incorporate the chilled butter.
- Chop the scallions and mince the rosemary. In a bowl, combine the flour-butter with parsley, rosemary, and thyme. Mix the milk and ricotta. Now Use a rubber spatula to mix it all.
- Make scones by kneading the dough mixture on a floured countertop. Spread the scones onto a parchment-lined sheet pan. Mix the egg, water, and oil to make the egg wash.
- Apply the egg wash to all scones. Be sure to cover the sides and top of each scone. Every scone should be topped with sea salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika. Bake for 15-20 minutes. It took me 20 minutes to achieve the perfect golden brown. Enjoy!