mary berry celeriac mash
Celeriac is my favorite vegetable. It’s very similar to a potato. This isn’t something that I find motivating, as I didn’t like potatoes before keto. However, I do enjoy mashing potato and baked potato when it is topped with Cottage Pie. While cauliflower mash is great, I was eager to try celeriac. It is not as celery-like tasting as I thought.
Basic ingredients for mary berry celeriac mash
- 2 Celeriac
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Stock (I used 1/2 a vegetable OXO cube, 3/4 cup of water)
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to make mary berry celeriac mash
- Coconut oil can be melted in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Chop celeriac into small pieces. Mix the coconut oil and celeriac in a pan. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the vegetable stock and almond milk. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well, bring to boil, and cover. Keep the celeriac on low heat for 6-10 minutes, stirring now and again, until it is tender.
- Blend the celeriac, other liquids, and celery in a food processor until smooth. If necessary, work in small batches. Serve and enjoy.