mary berry cauliflower and broccoli cheese
This side dish is great for your dinner table. Cauliflower and Roasted Broccoli with Cheese.
Basic ingredients for mary berry cauliflower and broccoli cheese
- Two bunches of fresh broccoli, rinsed with water and dried with a paper towel
- One head of fresh cauliflower was rinsed with water and dried with a paper towel
- To taste freshly-ground peppercorns
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil ( as required)
- One cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, split
- One cup of finely grated Romano cheese, also divided
How to make mary berry cauliflower and broccoli cheese
- Cut fresh broccoli and cauliflower into florets that are roughly the same size. Spread an equal number of cauliflower florets over the bottom of a foil-lined baking dish.
- You can save the remaining cauliflower and broccoli for another purpose. To taste, sprinkle sea salt and freshly ground peppercorns on the broccoli and cauliflower florets. Use about 1/4 cup extra-virgin oil or more as you need.
- After this, Use a large spoon to stir the mixture until all florets have been coated with salt, pepper, olive oil, and other seasonings. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F. You can check the florets with a fork to make sure they are still crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the florets. Keep the rest of the Parmesan cheese aside. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of finely grated Romano cheese evenly on top. Keep the rest of the Romano cheese aside. Use a large spoon to stir the cheese-topped broccoli and then spread it out in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Turn the oven on to broil for 1 min to crisp the cheese. Take out of the oven and place in a serving dish. As desired, top with the remaining Parmesan or Romano cheese. Serve immediately YUM! Great for your dinner table.