carrot and orange cake recipe
Basic ingredients for carrot and orange cake recipe
- For the Cake: 9.87oz (328 g), all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 4 eggs
- 7.76oz (220g), light brown sugar
- 2.5oz (70.0 g), sugar
- 8.8oz (220g), sunflower oil
- 2.5oz (70.0 g), greek yogurt OR cream
- 11.3oz (332 g), grated carrots
- 3.52oz (100% g), ground walnuts
- Frosting: 1.5 oz (70g) butter, room temperature
- 10.6 oz (303 g), cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 8.8oz (253 g), powdered sugar
How to make carrot and orange cake recipe
- Lightly grease and flour the baking pan. Preheat the oven to 325 F (170 C). Mix flour, baking powder, and spices (salt cinnamon, ginger clove, nutmeg, clove, and nutmeg). Mix well.
- Mix eggs, light brown sugar, and sugar in a separate bowl. Mix in oil, greek yogurt (or soy cream), and blend well. Gradually, add the flour mixture. Add the walnuts and carrots. Place the batter in a baking pan. Now Bake the batter in a preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for a while before removing it from the pan.
- Orange Cream Cheese Frosting: Cream butter until it is light and fluffy. Mix in cream cheese and orange zest. Gradually add the powdered sugar. Let the cake cool completely before frosting. For decoration, add chopped walnuts. After this, Allow it to cool for a few hours before you cut.